We are passionate about video games, but they are particularly expensive. We always try to buy our consoles and video games second hand. This allows us to save on the cost, to resell them at almost the same price and to be able to rotate frequently the games we have. This article summarizes the points we pay attention to.
Where to purchase used video games?
You can purchase used video games at a variety of places, including physical stores and online marketplaces. Here is a table summarizing some popular options:
|GameStop||A chain of retail stores specializing in gaming merchandise and electronics.|
|Amazon||A massive online marketplace that often has used games listed by third-party sellers.|
|Local pawn shop||A brick-and-mortar store that buys and sells a variety of items, including video games.|
|Facebook Marketplace||A platform for buying and selling items locally through Facebook.|
|eBay||A popular online auction site that frequently has used video games up for bid.|
It is important to consider the reputation and return policy of the seller before making a purchase. Additionally, it’s a good idea to double-check the condition of the game to ensure it is in the expected state.
Where to sell used video games?
you can use the same websites as mentionned above.
On top, there is the european player : momox that is very good.
When selling video games, it’s important to pay attention to the following factors:
- Condition of the game: The condition of the game, including the packaging, disc, and manual, can greatly impact its value.
- Demand for the game: Popular games are likely to sell faster and for a higher price than less popular titles.
- Market value: Research the current market value of the game to get an idea of what you can reasonably expect to sell it for.
- Listing accuracy: Ensure that the title, platform, and condition of the game are accurately listed to avoid confusion or misrepresentation.
- Shipping and handling: Consider the cost of shipping the game and packaging it securely to protect it during transit.
- Return policy: Clearly state your return policy to avoid confusion and manage expectations.
By considering these factors, you can maximize the value you receive when selling your used video games.
Used video games are bought by a variety of buyers, including
- Retail stores: GameStop and other gaming merchandise stores often buy used video games.
- Online marketplaces: Websites like Amazon and eBay allow individuals and small businesses to buy and sell used games.
- Second-hand shops: Local pawn shops and second-hand stores may purchase used video games as well.
- Private collectors: Some individuals collect specific video games or series, and may be interested in buying used games to complete their collection.
- Gamers: People who are interested in playing the game may choose to buy used games to save money on their hobby.
These buyers may purchase used video games for personal use or to resell them for profit.
What are the most sold video games
Some of the best-selling video games of all time include:
- Grand Theft Auto V
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Wii Sports
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Mario Kart Wii
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Super Mario Bros.
This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change, as new games are released and existing games continue to sell. These games have sold millions of copies across various platforms and have proven to be popular among gamers.
What are the prices of a used video game console?
Here is a table summarizing the estimated average prices for some popular used video game consoles:
|Nintendo Switch||$230 – $260|
|PlayStation 4||$180 – $220|
|Xbox One||$160 – $200|
|PlayStation 3||$70 – $120|
|Xbox 360||$60 – $100|
|Wii U||$70 – $110|
|Nintendo Wii||$40 – $70|
Please note that these prices are approximate and can vary depending on the condition of the console, its accessories, and the demand in your local area. Additionally, newer models, limited edition consoles, and bundles may command higher prices.
The Pros and Cons of Buying Used Video Games
Here is a table summarizing the pros and cons of buying used video games:
|Lower cost||May not include original packaging or instructions|
|Availability of older or hard-to-find games||May not work properly or may have technical issues|
|Ability to try out new games before committing to purchasing a full-price version||No warranty or return policy|
|More environmentally friendly option compared to buying new games||Risk of being scammed or receiving a damaged product|
Please note that while buying used video games can offer some benefits, it is important to thoroughly research the seller and product before making a purchase to minimize the risk of receiving a faulty or damaged product.
How much money can i save by buying used video games?
It’s difficult to provide a precise comparison of the prices of new and used video games, as prices can vary greatly depending on the game and where it is sold. However, here is a table that provides a general estimate of the savings that can be made by purchasing used video games:
|Video Game||New Price||Used Price||Savings|
|Grand Theft Auto V||$60||$35 – $45||$15 – $25|
|The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild||$60||$45 – $55||$5 – $15|
|Red Dead Redemption 2||$60||$45 – $55||$5 – $15|
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||$60||$45 – $55||$5 – $15|
|Super Mario Odyssey||$60||$45 – $55||$5 – $15|
As this table shows, buying used video games can result in significant savings compared to purchasing new games. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the condition and authenticity of the used games must be verified before making a purchase.
How to Clean and Restore Used Video Games?
Here are some steps to clean and restore used video games:
- Clean the exterior of the game cartridge or disc: Use a soft, microfiber cloth to remove any dust, dirt, or fingerprints from the surface of the game.
- Check for physical damage: Look for cracks, chips, or scratches on the game cartridge or disc and determine if it needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Clean the connectors: Use a soft-bristled brush to gently clean the connectors on the game cartridge or disc, removing any dust or debris that may prevent it from playing properly.
- Test the game: Insert the game into your console and test it to make sure it plays properly and without any errors.
- Restore the game: If the game is not functioning properly, try using a restoration solution or special cleaning kit to restore it.
- Store the game properly: Store the game in a cool, dry place and protect it from dust and exposure to direct sunlight to prevent further damage.
By following these steps, you can clean and restore used video games to ensure they play properly and last for a longer period of time.
How to Spot a Fake Used Video Game?
Here are some tips to help you spot a fake used video game:
- Check the packaging: Make sure the packaging is in good condition and free of any defects, such as tears, creases, or discoloration. Also, check for any discrepancies in the printing or design of the packaging compared to known authentic versions.
- Look for a serial number: Many video games have a serial number that can be used to verify the authenticity of the game. Check the packaging or the game itself for a serial number and compare it to known authentic versions.
- Check the game disc or cartridge: Make sure the disc or cartridge is in good condition and free of any cracks, chips, or scratches. Also, inspect the disc or cartridge for any inconsistencies in the printing or design compared to known authentic versions.
- Check the seller’s reputation: Research the seller’s reputation and look for any negative feedback or complaints related to the sale of fake video games.
- Purchase from a reputable retailer: Consider purchasing used video games from a reputable retailer that has a good reputation for selling authentic products.
By following these tips, you can reduce the risk of purchasing a fake used video game and ensure that you receive a genuine, high-quality product.
The Benefits of Trading in Used Video Games
Here are some of the benefits of trading in used video games:
- Get Cash: Trading in used video games is a quick and convenient way to get cash for your old games.
- Upgrade Your Collection: By trading in used video games, you can upgrade your collection and get newer, more exciting games.
- Save Money: When you trade in used video games, you can use the credit or cash to purchase new games at a discounted price, which can save you money in the long run.
- Clear Space: Trading in used video games can help clear space in your home and reduce clutter.
- Eco-Friendly: By trading in used video games, you are keeping them in circulation, which reduces the need for new games to be manufactured, thus being more environmentally friendly.
- Support Local Businesses: By trading in used video games at local retailers, you are supporting your community and keeping money in the local economy.
By taking advantage of the benefits of trading in used video games, you can get cash, upgrade your collection, save money, clear space, and be more environmentally friendly, while also supporting local businesses.
What to Do With Your Used Video Games After You’re Done Playing?
Here are some options for what to do with your used video games after you’re done playing:
- Trade them in: Many game retailers offer trade-in programs that allow you to exchange your used video games for cash or store credit.
- Sell them online: Websites such as eBay, Amazon, and Facebook Marketplace are popular places to sell used video games.
- Give them to friends or family: If you have friends or family members who enjoy playing video games, consider giving them your used games.
- Donate them: Some charities, schools, and libraries accept used video games as donations.
- Recycle them: Some video game retailers and electronics recycling programs accept used video games for recycling.
By exploring these options, you can find the best way to dispose of your used video games in a responsible and environmentally friendly way.